It was produced by Vertias Publications, and edited by the National Sub-committee for the Liturgy of the Papal Visit. The Editorial Concept is copyright 1979, Irish Episcopal Conference. The booklet has:
- Concordat cum originali: Michael Harty, Bishop of Killaloe,
- Imprimi Potest: Dermot Ryan, Archbishop of Dublin, Primate of Ireland.
It is not a hymn book, but does contain a number of hymns, psalm-settings and service-music that were used during Masses celebrated during the visit. As such it provides an insight into the material which was considered both suitable and well-enough known to be used at such public events at the time.
Scripture text copyrights are acknowledged as used with permission:
- The Jerusalem Bible copyright 1966, 1967, 1968 Darton, Longman and Todd Ltd and Doubleday & Company Inc,
- RSV copyright 1946, 1952, Division of Christian Education of the National Council of Churches of Christ, USA
- The Psalms - copyright 1963, The Grail (England) published by Collins in "The Psalms: A New Translation"
The listing below includes the hymns from the dedicated section at the back, and also the hymns and psalms which are printed earlier in the booklet. However it does not include the Mass parts.
Very little copyright information is given for the musical content: there is no acknowledgements section, and only a few hymns/psalms have their composer or author listed. There is a statement on the flyleaf that "The publishers gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of the many composers whose work has been included at short notice." The information below is all that was printed.
Overall, there are 31 hymns and psalms:
- 24 in English
- 7 in Irish.
The book is now out-of-print, but copies are usually available from Amazon.
It does not have an ISBN. Design was by Liam Miller, the symbol for the Papal Visit is credited to Bill Bolger, additional artwork is by Susan Hayes. Origination was by Cahill Printers of Dublin, and the actual printing was carried out by Richview Browne and Nolan of Dublin.