With an 87 87 meter, tunes it has been set to include:
- SHIPSTON, an traditional English melody - an arrangement by Ralph Vaughan Williams was published in 1906
- STAFFORD, by Johann Georg Christian Störl (1675 - 1719)
- ALTON by Patrick Robert Norman Appleford (1925 - )
- HALTON HOLGATE aka SHARON, by William Boyce (1710 - 1779) (here)
- DRAKES BOUGHTON by Edward Elgar (1857-1934) (here)
Files for Download:
YouTube also has a version to the DRAKES BOUGHTON tune.
Firmly I believe and truly
God is Three, and God is One;
And I next acknowledge duly
Manhood taken by the Son.
And I trust and hope most fully
In that Manhood crucified;
And each thought and deed unruly
Do to death, as He has died.
Simply to His grace and wholly
Light and life and strength belong,
And I love supremely, solely,
Him the holy, Him the strong.
And I hold in veneration,
For the love of Him alone,
Holy Church as His creation,
And her teachings are His own.
And I take with joy whatever
Now besets me, pain or fear,
And with a strong will I sever
All the ties which bind me here.
Adoration aye be given,
With and through the angelic host,
To the God of earth and Heaven,
Father, Son and Holy Ghost.